Friday 27 November 2009

Tea Party

Coming up with an outfit for 'rubbish' party provided its own unique challenges.... there were soooo many cool options! I knew from the outset I wanted to go as a tight rubbish 'theme' rather than a collection of rubbish.
At first I wanted to play on 'rubbish' as an adjective and go covered in used envelopes with a postbox hat -this was when Royal Mail was striking etc.. On the other hand I thought a 1920s shift dress made out of tampons was another goodie but thought that might be a bit crude.. even for me!

So in the end I was inspired by a a shop windon on Regent Street which featured tea bags... so yeah... TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I wanted to dye the tea bags to give them some coolness. First time round I made the mistake of soaking them in differant coloured water and they seriously NEVER dried!



They turned browny too so I will use those brown ugly ones on the back...


It turned out the trick was to just dab them with a paintbrush and coloured water.. they dried pronto. Woooo




Deciding what to do with a bunch of coloured tea bags proved easy enough.. shoulder pads... fashionista styles and easy... staple gun ... wam bam im leaking tea mam.















I think a headpiece is often key.... when shopping on regent street I happened to find a plastic lolly bucket thing on the floor ... (so literally rubbish!) and knew it would come in handy for this party.... I decided to bring back the childhood skills and stuck into some papermaching to turn it into a tea pot! 








I am still unsure what to do with this tea pot.. Paint flowers.?.. Make it an interactive rubbish piece? Or simply add more tea bags?.. to be decided tomorrow!

Anyone for teaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment